This blog began as a daily painting blog but as life changes, so does a blog. It has become a journal of a writer who paints and enthusiastically works outdoors to maintain fitness.

Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Mini vases of flowers

     I remember a floral designer objecting to putting a single flower in a vase. She said it looked like a cork in a bottle. Nothing like a comment like that to inspire a painter! Hence my recent painting of little vases with single flowers.
     I was working on about the fifth painting in the Little Vases series when Independence Day rolled around. It seemed fitting to put a flag in the background. The vase is a tiny pouring vessel my daughter the potter (Bel Pots) made. The daisy is from my flower garden.
     I like painting flags and intend to do more. I shared note cards of the image (left) with my coffee shop friends on July 4th.

No comments:

Post a Comment