This blog began as a daily painting blog but as life changes, so does a blog. It has become a journal of a writer who paints and enthusiastically works outdoors to maintain fitness.

Friday, August 9, 2019

Chicken and Cranes

     Among my collection of chickens is a sweet little water whistle. Son # 1 and his wife brought it back from their travels. It found a home on the ledge overlooking the kitchen sink.
     Daughter # 3 has had a long time fascination with making paper cranes. Seven of them joined the water whistle chicken. To me, this little vignette represents my kids and if you take it a little further, I suppose I'm the mother hen.
     The chicken and cranes are featured in this week's work. There are currently five in the Chicken and Cranes series though that count may go up to six or seven today.

No comments:

Post a Comment