This blog began as a daily painting blog but as life changes, so does a blog. It has become a journal of a writer who paints and enthusiastically works outdoors to maintain fitness.

Sunday, April 18, 2010

April 18 Rhubarb

I raked the leaves off the herb garden this afternoon. I cut off last year's dead stems of echinacea, mugwort, oregano and anise hyssop. The lovage is up as are the mint, tarragon, chives and garlic chives. I robbed the rhubarb cradle and cut enough for a pie. I MADE A PIE !! How about that?

11" x 14" $1080

2 comments:

  1. I'm impressed! My rhubarb isn't that big. Maybe I'd better look again. My April Salad Bar is growing nicely under glass. Don't you just love the first fruits of spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, yes, the first fruits. It'll soon be ramp time again. And maybe morrels.

    ReplyDelete