This blog began as a daily painting blog but as life changes, so does a blog. It has become a journal of a writer who paints and enthusiastically works outdoors to maintain fitness.

Monday, April 19, 2010

April 19 Pallette Collage

I've been painting with acrylics for years and years. Acrylics are interesting materials; liquid when fresh and very plastic-like when dry. I keep the pallettes of paint covered but they gradually dry out over a few days. I peel the paint off and since the first of the year, I've plopped it on an unused pallette. Those peelings are often very beautiful with interesting patterns and color mixings. When the pile of dry paint got to be about five inches high, I should have thrown it away. But it occurred to me that I could put a thick layer of paint on a piece of hardboard and apply the pallette peelings to make an interestingly beautiful collage held in place by paint. It would have made a good 100th day painting since it's actually made up of "pieces" of all those earlier paintings. But, I hadn't thought of it then. New day; new idea.

11" x 14" $1090

No comments:

Post a Comment