This blog began as a daily painting blog but as life changes, so does a blog. It has become a journal of a writer who paints and enthusiastically works outdoors to maintain fitness.

Friday, April 9, 2010

April 9 Horsehead Nebula


I asked Savannah what I should paint for the 100th day. She said, "I know exactly what you should paint; I just don't know what it's called," and disappeared into her room. She came back with a book called Galaxy, Exploring the Milky Way. She paged through and said, "This one." I suppose it's fitting to paint a nebula in the Orion molecular cloud complex, something I'll never see. But it broadens one's perspective to consider all the things "out there" that we'll never see.

11" x 14" $1000

2 comments:

  1. I thought this was a look at the inside of my stomach a few hours after I ate a Kwik Trip fish sandwitch on good friday..
    Congrats on your 100th picture. I have enjoyed the ride...

    mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drop a camera down a stomach, call the image a nebula in a molecular cloud, who's to know the difference????

    ReplyDelete