This blog began as a daily painting blog but as life changes, so does a blog. It has become a journal of a writer who paints and enthusiastically works outdoors to maintain fitness.

Thursday, February 4, 2010

February 4 No.1 and No.2



Oof da. Well. It would seem that this thing has become an obsession. It would seem that way. But....damnable cat....crawling where he shouldn't. Sorry. Where was I? Ah, yes, obsessions. Today, I have produced not one but two paintings. Dangerous precedent.

Nearly every painting has a white underground; painted on several at a time so they're ready when I need them. I didn't have any ready today so painted three 8" x 10"s with a 2" brush. I put the brush in water while I prepared the palette. I took it out and blotted it on a paper towel. When I layed the color on the first "canvas" it was too wet and streaked. I applied more paint but the brush was just too wet. So, I opted to spread the paint and wetness out on "canvas" two.

The plan for today's painting was a representation of this third morning in a row of sky variations. This morning was a gray blanket, devoid of color. With two "canvases" already going, I decided to experiment with slight variations in shades of gray. Harold got a little involved on the one and it leans toward purple. So, here's the result: February 4 No.1 and No.2 for the third in a series on the 4th. Got it?

Guess these go as a twofer. Two for the price of one or half the day's price each.

Two 8" x 10" for $350 or $175 each.

No comments:

Post a Comment