This blog began as a daily painting blog but as life changes, so does a blog. It has become a journal of a writer who paints and enthusiastically works outdoors to maintain fitness.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

March 30 Pineapple


Jed woke me at 5:30 this morning. He was playing with the cactus on the landing and eventually tipped it over.

I made coffee and ate a bowl of frosted mini-wheats with raisins. A pineapple was on the counter. With an early morning start and a fresh pineapple for reference, I headed off to the studio to do the daily painting.

There's a legend that sea captains, having returned from a long voyage, rested a few days and spent time with their families. When they set a pineapple out on the newel post of the gate, they were ready to entertain friends.

After my long voyage of proofing the book, I feel almost ready to entertain. I will by Friday when the Easter weekend visitors start pouring in.

11" x 14"

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nan. Nice story about the newel post. We'll be there on Friday (and have to leave at 6AM Sunday). I'll be bringing materials for three fondues and several others are bringing their own varieties. Should be a treat. (Perhaps I can envision a fondue mix that would be appropriate for pineapple on a stick)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're very much looking forward to the weekend, fondue, family and fun.

    ReplyDelete