This blog began as a daily painting blog but as life changes, so does a blog. It has become a journal of a writer who paints and enthusiastically works outdoors to maintain fitness.

Saturday, January 2, 2010

January 2 Edible art


Yesterday, we watched the movie "Julie and Julia." Ron lamented that, unlike Julie Powell's husband who could eat the results of his wife's challenge to cook her way through Julia Childs' French cookbook, he will have no such pleasure with mine. I dedicate this painting, a combination of his favorite builds-strong-bodies-twelve-ways white bread in the form of a sandwich folded and stuffed in a new pot Chelsea gave me for Christmas, along with an old paint brush, to him. Bon appetit.

16" x 20" $20

3 comments:

  1. Aren't you clever? I'm impressed with your resolution. Looking forward to seeing your work every day.
    dee

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far so good. Two for two and a new day coming in less than four hours; not that I'm going to stay up and paint at midnight. Thanks for your interest in my daily painting : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nan
    This one is interesting; I like the story about it. Not being an artist, the mix of colors and presentation is unusual to me.

    ReplyDelete